The Paediatric blocks of ICE Clinical Skills and the Paediatric Clerkship Rotations for WB students are coordinated by SickKids. These educational experiences are located at the hospital or in community offices. Right next door to the WB anchor sites, several members of the teaching faculty at SickKids also participate in tutoring problem based learning and act as mentors for the WB students.
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is the largest facility inCanadadedicated to improvement of children’s health, through innovative research, patient-centred care, and education of all health professionals. Bringing together staff from all disciplines, the Hospital for Sick Children is able to offer experience and excellence in specialized care for children.
Hospital for Sick Children – Centres:
- The Bone Health Centre works to improve the lives of children affected by musculoskeletal disorders, by integrating care and the management of diseases. Coupled with research and education, the clinical care offered through the Bone Health Centre improves and coordinates the best possible patient-care.
- The Centre for Brain and Behaviour is a multidisciplinary research program that brings together all the paediatric neurosciences. The Centre offers integration of research, education and clinical care and is focused on improving the quality of life for all children affected by neurological disorders.
- The Garron Family Cancer Centre is focused on improving the lives of children affected by cancer. With health professionals who excel in the discipline of oncology, the Garron Family Cancer Centre is able to use research and education to ensure that patients receive a multidisciplinary approach and treatment for their illness.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Centre aims to improve the lives of children and families who are faced with cystic fibrosis. This is done through research into the complexity of the disease and a multidisciplinary approach to treatment and care.
- The Labatt Family Heart Centre brings innovation, development and progress to the treatment of cardiac disorders and illnesses in children. The Labatt Family Heart Centre uses a team of health professionals to offer patients a unique treatment program from diagnosis to adulthood
- The Pain Centre brings together clinicians, educators and researchers to focus on the prevention and management of pain in young patients.
- As the largest, and the most research-intensive paediatric transplant program in the country, the Transplant Centre brings together professionals from all disciplines to offer complex and specialized care to children who require life-saving transplants.
Hospital for Sick Children – 55 University Avenue, Toronto ON M5G 1X8
Main Line: 416-813-1500