All of the educational facilities for the Wightman-Berris Academy are there for students to use to study. In the event that the space is booked and unavailable for students to use, or if students just want another place to study, there are a number of other spots to look for.
Toronto General Hospital
- Use of study space at TGH Medical Education is based on first come first served.
- The food courts are accessible 24 hours a day. Keep in mind, from Monday to Friday, there is a lot of activity during working hours.
- The TGH Library (Eaton Wing, 1st Floor) is available for quiet study.
- The DeGasperis Patient and Family Conservatory, Munk Building (formely Clinical Services Building), 4th floor, is open daily from 6am-11pm.
Toronto Western Hospital
- Use of study space at TWH Medical Education is based on first come first served.
- The food court is accessible 24 hours a day. NOTE: during business hours, the food court is busy and noisy.
- The TWH Library (Fell Pavillion, 5th floor) is available for quiet study.
Mount Sinai Hospital
- If you would like to study at MSH, but all the rooms in Medical Education are booked, speak to Lucy, Lina or Shamim about the possibility of using another room in the hospital.
- The MSH Library is available for quiet study (Main Building, 18th Floor).
MEDICAL STUDENT STUDY SPACE @ 263 MCCAUL STREET
Medical Student Study Space – 263 McCaul Street
24 hours a day, 7 days a week to Undergraduate Medical Students only.
The 5th floor of 263 McCaul Street is entirely dedicated to Undergraduate Medical Student study space. There are 4 different types of space available to work in:
- Individual Carrels: A total of 40 individual private study carrels, grouped together, wired for electricity and with individual lighting.
- Group Study Rooms: Six group study rooms for small group study of 2 to 8 persons. The rooms are equipped with rolling tables to accommodate many configurations. White boards and markers are provided to facilitate discussion groups as well as one laptop per room.
- Open Study Area: Large table study area with task lighting accommodating 30 people. A small number of laptops will be available for use in this area.
- ASCM Rooms: Six ASCM rooms complete with small desk and medical examination table with stool. Complete with white board and markers and one laptop per room.
The fifth floor has a dedicated unisex washroom and a kitchen equipped with a microwave and a lunch room. In addition, there are washrooms on the fourth floor of 263 McCaul St. which are accessible Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm via the stairs or elevator. Your access card is not required during these hours to get to the 4th floor.